I was craving pizza on Sunday but didn't want to eat 1200 calories in one sitting. I could try to have some self control and just eat half of one but who am I kidding? I was also a little bored so thought doing some cooking would be a nice low level activity for a lazy Sunday. So I decoded to make my first cauliflower pizza and I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was so thought I would share the recipe:
For the base:
salt, pepper and basil to season
Pasta sauce of your choice
50g Grated cheddar cheese - can use more or less depending on how cheesy you like your pizza
Courgette cut thinly
3 mushrooms sliced
5 baby tomatoes cut in 2
1. Either grate the cauliflower into 'rice' or use a food processor to grate it.
2. Spread the cauliflower out on greaseproof paper in the oven at 190 c or 170 for fan oven for 15 minutes.
3. Let the cauliflower cool and then strain all the excess water. Take time to get as much liquid out as possible.
4. Whisk together the egg with salt, pepper and basil.
5. Combine the Parmesan and drained cauliflower with the egg. Mix well.
6. Place mixture on baking tray and flatten into a pizza base. Place back in oven at 200 C for 20 minutes. Carefully turn over and cook underside for a further few minutes.
7. Now it's time to make your pizza. You can use whatever toppings you fancy, I put a layer of pasta sauce for my base then topped with courgette, mushrooms, baby tomatoes and grated cheese. Place in the oven at 170 C until the cheese it melted. Approx 6-8 mins.
Calories: 708, Carbs 27g, Fat 35g, Protein 58g